Using Polling in a Meeting or Event
Polling must be moved to the Current Panels
- In the Menu bar at the top of the Webex screen go to View and select Panels
- Select Manage Panels, move Polling from Available Panels to Current Panels. Click Ok to finish.
- Click on the Polling tab to open the Polling Panel
- The Polling section opens, but only for the Host/Presenter
Create a new poll,
- Select the type of question, the type of answer then click on the New button.
- Enter the questions and answers.
- Select New from the Question Type section to add more questions
- Click on the Save button to save the poll to your computer.
Repeat opening Polling Panel from above
- Open saved Poll question
- Click on Open File button
- Navigate to find saved poll questions
- Click on the Open Poll button to open poll for attendees
- Direct attends to answer the questions and to click on the Submit button when complete.
- When all questions are answered or time has run out, click on the Close Poll button
Share the poll results with your attendees.
- Put a check mark in the box marked Poll Results and click on the Apply button to share the results.
- Sharing the Individual Results opens a web browser and your attendees will see how other attendees answered each question.
Save the Poll Results
- Click on the Save button at the top of the polling box
- First save the questions.
- Then save the results.
The results are saved as a text file (*.txt).
You have the choice to save the file with group results (roll up numbers) or individual results.
If you do not save the poll results before ending your meeting you can not retrieve the results.
To see step by step instructions with screen shots, please click here: