Event Hints & Tips
Some helpful hints when you are hosting an event.
- Always start your Event 15 minutes early. Attendees can not join your Event until you start it.
- Load your presentation(s) when you open your event
- If you want to record your event for future use, it is a good idea to have someone record as Attendee instead of you recording as the Host. Once you have started your event, under Participants from your Event menu bar, select Attendee Privileges and ensure attendees have the privilege to record an event. Recording as an attendee instead of a host allows the viewer to see the event as an attendee and not the host. As the host you may be receiving private chat messages or other pop ups that you may not want to have recorded.
- Under the Participant menu option, check to make sure your participants have the correct privileges (chat, annotation, etc). In large meetings, it would be beneficial to turn off private chat and enable attendees to chat only with the host and/or presenter. This way the attendees can stay focused on your event but will still allow the attendees to ask questions if needed. Also another privilege you may want to disable is Annotation. Annotation allows attendees to make annotations on the presentation you are showing.
- If you plan on having more then 50 attendees in your event, contact Fugent Support so we can provide proper support. When you call support or email them, give them all of the meeting information, such as time, date, estimated number of attendees. You can contact Fugent Support at:
- Schedule reminders to be sent about an hour before the Event starts. If you send a reminder about an hour before the event, your attendee does not have to search through their email to find their registration code, teleconferencing information and link to event.
- If you do not require pre-registration, you can direct your attendees to your Event page to attend the event.